Photobucket

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sew Unexpected!

I have been using my dependable Pfaff sewing machine for the last 24 or so years.  Nothing fancy but it did the basics and a bit more, a little frustrating at times when I would try and hem jeans and sew thru 4 or 5 layers of denim, or when I wanted to machine-quilt the handful of quilts I've made for the kids and it was almost impossible to maneouvre all that bulk.  So on Monday we went down to the local sewing machine store to look at the amazing Janome sale we heard about on the radio.  There were a number of types that were quite reasonable, ie around $500.  But most of them weren't meant for quilting.  Needless to say, when I set my eyes on the Janome Memory Craft 6600, all budget went out the window, when Gord said, "I think you should get it"  After much more consideration (about 3 minutes!), she was mine!
Once home and unwrapped, Oh My Goodness!  What do I do with all of these...
plus I feel like such a traitor to my little faithful Pfaff...but I'm sure once I figure this all out, I'll get over it!
On another note, as promised, the two handworks I finished when Gord was away...

1 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful machine! Congrats! I too, have a little machine that frustrates me more times than not. Someday, I'll make that investment and I can't wait!

Post a Comment